Like to spoil your pup? What better way to show them some love than with a batch of homemade dog-friendly pumpkin & carrot cupcakes? These tasty treats are not only delicious but also packed with nutritious ingredients to keep them happy and healthy. Plus, they are incredibly easy to make!
- 2/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Baking Time: 16 minutes
Cooling Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 11 minutes
Yield: 24 cupcakes
Step One: Prepare Your Cupcake Pans
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease and flour or line twenty-four 1 3/4-inch muffin cups with paper liners. Lightly coat the liners with nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking.
Step Two: Mixing the Batter
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the white whole wheat flour, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice (optional, if you want to add an extra dimension of flavor).
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the canned pumpkin, 1/4 cup of yogurt, the egg, 2 teaspoons of honey, and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.
- Stir the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture until nearly combined, and then fold in the finely shredded carrot.
Step Three: Bake the Cupcakes
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 16 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely on wire racks before moving on to the next step.
Step Four: Preparing the Frosting
- In a bowl, beat together the remaining 1/2 cup of yogurt, the remaining 1/4 cup of peanut butter, and the remaining 1 teaspoon of honey until you achieve a smooth and creamy frosting.
- You can pipe or spoon the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes, making them look as appealing as they are tasty for your dog.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Dogs are sensitive to certain ingredients, and it's crucial to be cautious. Never use products that contain xylitol, as it is toxic to pets, even in small amounts.
To keep these cupcakes fresh, place them in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Your pup is sure to appreciate this special homemade treat. Happy baking!